There is a new reciprocity fee that Argentina instituted and is now required to be paid before entering Argentina. This must be done before you leave the USA. Below are instructions on how to complete this task.
US citizens must pay a “reciprocity fee” to enter Argentina. It is a fee based upon the fees that Argentinian citizens pay for a visa to the United States.
The National Immigration Agency of Argentina has added a new online form of payment of this reciprocity fee, through the Provincia Payment System. The fee is $160 USD and the fee is good for 10 years.
How to pay the reciprocity fee on-line:
- Go to this website: https://reciprocidad.provincianet.com.ar/
- Click Signup link on bottom left
- Fill in your information
- Click Signup
- On the Add Form Screen fill in your information and click add
- Under Forms Added click Pay
- Verify info and click accept
- Accept the Terms and Conditions, select card type then click continue (a popup screen will open)
- Enter Credit Card info and press send (only press once and wait until Transaction Confirmed screen appears)
- On this screen press MY FORMS
- Under My Forms click the printer icon (a popup screen will open)
- On the top of this page click the print icon to print the receipt.
- The printed receipt is what you will take with you. An example of the receipt is below on the next page.
- Remember your username and password in case you have to login again to print your form
On arrival in Argentina, this printed receipt must be presented at Immigration Control. The receipt will be scanned by the Immigration officials, the information will be checked, and the traveler’s entry to the country registered.
All payments must be made via the online system before you depart the U.S.A. Payment is NOT accepted upon arrival at the airport in Argentina.
Example of receipt that must be taken with you: